Top 10 Tuesday: Bad Foods in Disguise
The Following 10 foods you would think are healthy for you but actually are not. There are multiple foods that are high in carbs, sugar, and fat that your body can handle in moderation. I will tell you what these foods are and how to get the necessary vitamins and nutrients in other foods or supplements.
- Dairy - Milk, cheese, yogurt and etc. are all dairy products that are high in fat and carbohydrates and dairy makes your body bloat because it has difficulty digesting it. Even though it is high in protein, calcium and other essential vitamins and minerals dairy should not be in your diet if you are trying to stay lean. If you must have ice cream or some other dairy product try to remember moderation!
- Juices - All juices even though they are high in key vitamins and minerals are very high in sugar, carbohydrates, and fats! Even though I love juice I try to stay away from it as much as possible.
- Fruits - Fruits like juices are very high in sugar, carbohydrates, and fats. I still have fruit here and there but I will only have a little bit at a time and only once a day at tops.
- Grains - Some grains like flat bread or panini’s or wheat are high in carbohydrates and should be avoided as much as possible, and moderation should always be kept in mind.
- Diet Soda’s - Any type of diet soda is awful for your body, it is very high in fat, sugar, and carbohydrates. When looking for alternative forms of caffeine look to coffee, teas, and low carb. energy drinks.
- Steak - Even though steak is loaded with protein and essential vitamins and minerals it is very high in fat content. When eating it try to get it as lean as possible and only once a day at most.
- Pork - Pork is one of the fattiest types of meat out there and it should only be eaten once in awhile. This includes Ham sandwich meat, all sandwich meats are very high in sodium, the more sodium in your diet the harder it is to stay lean.
- Alcohol - If you are looking to lose weight fast, one of the first steps is to completely avoid alcohol unless it’s a glass of red wine which is only healthy for your body in 1 cup at most a day. I myself will have a glass of red wine a couple times a month due to its diuretic qualities.
- Nuts - Even though high in vitamins and minerals and essential fats, if not consumed in very close moderation fat will be gained quickly. The only nuts I will eat is a cup of natural Almonds here and there throughout the week if I want to deviate away from my tablespoon of natural peanut butter throughout the day.
- Dressings & Sauces -Most dressings, dipping sauces, Mayonnaise and etc. should be avoided in your diet, if you want to use a little bit of some kind of sauce, look for low-fat or low sodium sauces or flavoring additives and use very sparingly.